Friday, March 4, 2011

Disbelief

If this is the first time visiting this post, please read the posts: #1: 'Cancer' and #2: 'We Just Dont't Know Yet' first please!!  You can find the links on the right hand side or at the bottom of the page.  

The title of this post is "Disbelief".  The disbelief that my dad may not be here much longer and the disbelief that I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole thing is the worst kind of sadness and the best kind of joy combined.  It's so bizarre.  This is not how I saw my wedding being planned.  But I'm strangely ok with it.  I want my daddie there and if this is how it has to be done then we'll do it.

Approximately 2 months is not long to get everything in order.  Part of the reason why Brandon and I held off getting married is because of the cost.  And now we have to do the whole ordeal when we were SO not ready financial to even think about it. 

Here is where the third part of the disbelief comes in...

We had nothing but the rings and really starting to get worried we wouldn't be able to get married with nothing in the bank.  And then...

...a family of angels steps forward.

I'll keep this family anoyomous for now as I have not asked their permission to use their names but this family has gone way up and beyond for Brandon and I.

They have volunteered to:
Do the wedding pictures.
To do my hair the day of the wedding
To cater the food
To help supply chairs and a tent from friends of theirs
To help supply decorations from friends of theirs

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has made me cry SSOOOOOO many tears of joy.  The person who is kind of brought this all to together is a friend from middle school/high school.  We were friends but never extremely close.  All these things are something I would expect a best friend might do but never a friend who I barely see and we've grown apart.  But how she has gone way beyond anything I would or could ever imagine.  I am forever grateful for her AND her family.  I truly believe this is a "God thing" as my mom likes call it. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God for angels like that! I am truly jumping for joy. What a blessing these angels are! So so happy for you & my brother. Love you both tons! Praying for you all!

Alyssa said...

Aaaahhhhh I'm so glad to hear it!

Joan Sherlock said...

What a beautiful and timely gift for you and Brandon and BOTH of your families! God surely does bring unexpected joy in the midst of unspeakable sorrow, doesn't He?

Brissa said...

praise God!!! yay!!! sonmehow i'm just now seeing your latest posts! Soo excited for you about this! love you so so so much!!!