Sunday, April 24, 2011

Autumn Splendor

I know this new layout has 'Autumn Splendor' on the side and it's currently spring but daddie loved fall.  It was his favorite season.  And his favorite color is blue so I found it fitting. 

I went to church with mom today (Brandon and I usually go to church in Fort Wayne).  It was a great service.  But caused lots of tears.  All I could picture was daddie standing next to me singing and what a wonderful voice he had.  I could imagine the way he moved his hands and head while singing to the Lord.  How I miss that so.  Pastor Gary even tied in my daddies death in the sermon-stating how mom took daddie in her arms at the end and reminded him of everyone who loves him here on Earth and everyone waiting for him in Heaven and that is was ok to leave.  There are no words to explain that.  Amazing, wonderful-those words aren't strong enough. 

Tomorrow is daddie's viewing.  We are lucky enough to have almost the whole family on both sides be able to celebrate daddies life with us.  But I'm still waiting to walk into mom and dad's house and see dad sitting in his chair.  I'm still waiting for him to come in from the garage and how he had to duck his head because it was too low for him.  I'm still waiting to hear/see the Cubs playing in every room.  I'm still waiting to see him at the computer listening to Steven Curtis Chapman.  I'm still waiting.  And I will be for a very long time. 

No comments: