Thursday, November 24, 2011

Security Blanket

On Thanksgiving, we always go to my uncle's in Brookville, IN.  Today is no different.  But at the same time entirely different.

My moms side of the family isn't exactly the closest of families and Thanksgiving is always a good reminder that we aren't.  But I always could count on my dad to go to when everyone else was playing Ucher.  My mom, being the social butterfly that she is, walks into the room and instantly has no problem fitting in.  My father and I, not being social butterflies, would slowly move around the room and find our way in. 

This year, since my security blanket won't be there, it's going to tougher than ever.  Brandon has to work so he won't be there to entertain me either. 



Today, I'm trying my hardest to be thankful for 24 years with the best man I knew. 

No comments: